Wage Garnishment Defense Lawyer in Chicago, IL
Bankruptcy Garnishment Defense Lawyer
The only practical way to stop the garnishment of your wages is through filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or
Chapter 13 bankruptcy. When you file for bankruptcy protection under either of those chapters a part of that protection is what is called an automatic stay. All collections activities must cease immediately after you file for bankruptcy under penalty of law. This includes the garnishment of your wages. However, a wage garnishment based on unpaid child support or spousal support will be exempt from the automatic stay.
At Benjamin Brand Services our Chicago wage garnishment defense attorneys can help you stop a wage garnishment and can seek the return of wages that have already been garnished.
Contact our office to set up your free initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Stop Wage Garnishment and Fight for the Return of Garnished Wages
Our firm utilizes aggressive litigation tactics in our bankruptcy representation. These tactics can help you secure the return of money that has already been garnished. Under the bankruptcy code there is a certain amount allowable under the exemption rules. Various exemptions apply to bankruptcy. There are exemptions for equity in your home and in your car for example.
We can seek the return of those garnished wages. Any amount recovered over and above the exemptions will be applied to the resolution of your debts. This can be beneficial in that it can put money in your pocket and help pay off your debts.
Let us help you stop your wage garnishment and seek the return of any garnished wages. Call 312.853.3100 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We offer flat fees so that our customers know their costs up front. Se habla español.
Why Choose Us?
- You can meet with an experienced law Partner in the Firm not some associate.
- We concentrate in foreclosure defense and bankruptcy so we have more options to offer you then other attorneys
- We also represent individuals in Chapter 11's that offer better loan workout and restructuring options then Chapter 13 and most bankruptcy lawyers do not know how to do it.
- We offer a free no obligation consultation where we will discuss your option or options, tell you the pros and cons of each one, the fees and costs and help you make an informed decision. There can be more then one solution!
- We offer affordable payment plans and fixed fees in most cases.
- We have the specialized knowledge to incorporate your student loan debt into your bankruptcy protection