Credit Report Audit Attorney in Chicago, IL
Just reading a credit report can be complicated for most people. Understanding what every item on your report means is even more difficult. Typical problems on a credit report can include:
- Notices of past due accounts that are not past due
- Incorrect reporting of the amount owed
- Failure to remove accounts that have been paid off
- Completely false entries
Problems on your credit report can either happen because of an error on the part of the creditor or the credit reporting agencies: Transunion, Experian and Equifax. Our Lawyers can help track down which party is responsible for an error on your credit report and use aggressive threats of litigation to enforce proper reporting.
At Benjamin Brand Services, our Chicago post bankruptcy attorneys have earned such a reputation for quality representation in regards to creditor law that we are one of the few firms in the country allowed to interface directly with Transunion’s software to investigate credit reporting irregularities.
Most people who are concerned about erroneous items on their credit report are trying to rebuild their credit. The most important step in rebuilding your credit is getting out of debt. Once you have accomplished that, your debt-to-income ratio will fall and you will become more attractive to potential lenders.
Bankruptcy Is an Expedient Step Toward Rebuilding Your Credit
Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy can eliminate most of your debt. For our bankruptcy clients we offer our credit report audit at no additional charge. We also offer credit report audits as a standalone service for those who we haven’t helped with bankruptcy.
Let us help you ensure the accuracy of your credit report.
In Illinois, call 312.853.3100 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We offer flat fees so that our customers know their costs up front. Se habla español.
Why Choose Us?
- You can meet with an experienced law Partner in the Firm not some associate.
- We concentrate in foreclosure defense and bankruptcy so we have more options to offer you then other attorneys
- We also represent individuals in Chapter 11's that offer better loan workout and restructuring options then Chapter 13 and most bankruptcy lawyers do not know how to do it.
- We offer a free no obligation consultation where we will discuss your option or options, tell you the pros and cons of each one, the fees and costs and help you make an informed decision. There can be more then one solution!
- We offer affordable payment plans and fixed fees in most cases.
- We have the specialized knowledge to incorporate your student loan debt into your bankruptcy protection