Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in Chicago, IL
Benjamin Brand, LLP is your leading bankruptcy attorney
If you are feeling overwhelmed with the amount of debt you are in, don’t attempt to fix the problem on your own! Our attorneys have been helping consumers restructure, reorganize or eliminate their debts since 1989! Chapter 13 bankruptcy may the best option for you, and we can help determine if it is the best type of bankruptcy for which you can file.
Chapter 13 bankruptcies consist of:
- Your debts being reorganized and supervised by the court
- The court creating a new payment plan that may have you paying off your debts in the next three to five years
- A discharge by the court when the payment is complete
Advantages of Chapter 13 Over Chapter 11
- Fees are generally much less than Chapter 11
- Time to confirmation is generally much shorter
- Filing fee is much less
- Easy in, easy out—Debtor can voluntarily dismiss or convert
- No involuntary Chapter 13
- No Disclosure Statement
- Confirmation is much simpler; appearance may not be required
- Creditors do not vote on confirmation
- Plan can be confirmed over creditor objection without cramdown procedures
- No administrative burden: no IDI or monthly reports for non-business debtor
- Chapter 13 Trustee commissions may be less than US Trustee quarterly fees
- Debtor is not held to the standards of a fiduciary
- Only the Debtor can file a plan
- No court approval required to retain professionals
- Creditors must file Proofs of Claim to be paid and we can object to them for you!
- Chapter 13 cases are generally much simpler and less time consuming
The attorneys at Benjamin Brand, LLP can give you an estimate of what your particular chapter 13 plan may look like.
Call now for a free consultation: 312.853.3100.
Why Choose Us?
- You can meet with an experienced law Partner in the Firm not some associate.
- We concentrate in foreclosure defense and bankruptcy so we have more options to offer you then other attorneys
- We also represent individuals in Chapter 11's that offer better loan workout and restructuring options then Chapter 13 and most bankruptcy lawyers do not know how to do it.
- We offer a free no obligation consultation where we will discuss your option or options, tell you the pros and cons of each one, the fees and costs and help you make an informed decision. There can be more then one solution!
- We offer affordable payment plans and fixed fees in most cases.