Chicago Car Repossession Defense Lawyers
Illinois Car Repossession Laws Attorneys
Has your car been repossessed? Are you afraid that the repossession of your car is going to happen at any time? For most Americans, their car is critical to keeping their jobs, running their kids to school and running necessary errands, such as grocery shopping.
At Benjamin Brand Services our Chicago car repossession defense attorneys can help you keep your car from being repossessed or recover a repossessed car. It is important if you are in this situation to contact us immediately so that we can analyze your situation.
Contact our office to set up your free initial consultation.
Fighting Automobile Repossession Through Bankruptcy
The automatic stay that is part of both Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy halts all collection activities. If your car has yet to be repossessed the automatic stay will prevent the repossession. If your car has already been repossessed we can work to secure the return of your car.
Under Chapter and Chapter 13 bankruptcy you will have the option to surrender property (such as your car), reaffirm the debt or redeem the debt. Reaffirming means that you are acknowledging to the court that you do not want to discharge this particular debt through the bankruptcy process. Redemption is the offering of a lump-sum payment to the creditor for the release of the lien. In many instances, people filing for bankruptcy can redeem the debt on their car by securing a loan from another lender to pay off the loan from the current lender. An added advantage of this is that the amount necessary to pay off the car to the first lender is often less than what may have been owed.
We can work to help you keep your car or secure its return, call 312.853.3100 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We offer flat fees so that our customers know their costs up front. Se habla español.
Why Choose Us?
- You can meet with an experienced law Partner in the Firm not some associate.
- We concentrate in foreclosure defense and bankruptcy so we have more options to offer you then other attorneys
- We also represent individuals in Chapter 11's that offer better loan workout and restructuring options then Chapter 13 and most bankruptcy lawyers do not know how to do it.
- We offer a free no obligation consultation where we will discuss your option or options, tell you the pros and cons of each one, the fees and costs and help you make an informed decision. There can be more then one solution!
- We offer affordable payment plans and fixed fees in most cases.
- We have the specialized knowledge to incorporate your student loan debt into your bankruptcy protection